Here' some expert advice from Nick Robinson, who runs a brilliant new web service enabling you to find easily the best choices in your chosen resort.
- Choose your resort
- Decide on your dates
|School holidays can be busy times...|
- Book your accommodation and travel
- Ask yourself what you want to achieve, what do you want out of your lesson?
|Adult beginners enjoy private lesson.|
- When do you want lessons?
- How much do you want to spend?
- Check out the options from ski schools to specialist instructor 'marketplaces'
|Lots of instructors to choose from!|
- Decide on what instructor you want, what language, male/female etc
Alternatively, Maison Sport allows you to choose your instructor and communicate directly with them prior to booking to check they can fulfill your needs. You can also read previous customer’s reviews, which reduces the chance of any unpleasant surprises!
And finally: learning to ski is hard work but great fun. You can experience tremendous highs and devastating lows in a short space of time as a beginner. Even the most experienced skiers are still learning and improving, and there's never a time in ones skiing career when one couldn't benefit from being with an expert instructor. So don't overlook this important aspect of your holiday when budgeting, booking and planning - you'll get more out your time on the mountain and go further than you could ever hope to on your own!